Friday, April 20, 2007

Kernels

I found this interesting article on Digg comparing the kernels of Linux vs. Windows Vista. Some of it is highly technical and I have no idea what it means, but it was still interesting to read. The two places where I saw the greatest disparity between the two Kernels was the architectures supported and the file system supported. Wow Linux supports a lot of hardware. In fact, I recently read that Linux supports more hardware out of the box than any other operating system ever has. I also thought it was funny that linux could run on both Microsoft Xboxes, but windows can't. The one thing I would love to see added to the comparison is a BSD(Uinx) kernel.

Pretty cool

1 Comments:

Blogger Theo V. said...

Hey That is neat! Linux is getting cooler and cooler! I'm glad I now have it runing as a virtual machine. I also am getting a computer from someone today...guess what the OS is going to be? That's right...linux!

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home